Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

MUSHROOM AND CELERIAC RISOTTO

MUSHROOM AND CELERIAC RISOTTO
I have never claimed to make a brilliant risotto - but oh my goodness, I surprised myself with this one - it was outstanding! As always, it was the freshness of the ingredients that made all the difference, I will give you the ingredients and leave the method up to you - basically put it all in a pot and stir until the rice is almost cooked, then cover and let sit for about 10 minutes to absorb - then serve with a little grated Parmesan on top. The Celeriac in this dish was a winner!!!
3 Cups vegetable Stock
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Brown Onion
½ a celeriac bulb
1 Glass white wine
A few sprigs of thyme
1 bag of brown mushrooms
A handful of dry mushrooms – soaked in boiling water
1 Garlic clove crushed

1 Red Chilli

1 Red Pepper

2 cups Risotto Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment