Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

RAW PIZZA ATTEMPT

RAW PIZZA ATTEMPT
Now, I assure you - I am no raw food guru, but since I am on holiday and I have the time, I decided to try a "Raw Food" pizza. The base was a mix of flax seeds, red pepper, garlic and sundried tomatoes, whizzed up in a blender, I dried this in my newly purchased dehydrator - but it could easily be done in the oven on a very low heat for a few hours. In the mean time, I made Cashew "Cheese" which is really more like a cashew nut dip - soak your cashews overnight then blend with a clove of garlic, half a red pepper and some herb salt. When your pizza base is ready, cut in to pizza type slices, spread the nut sauce over and then top with lots of fresh salad type ingredients. It really was quite yummy and I felt so proud eating it.

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY looking!! How is the dehydrator going?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there my friend. Love the dehydrator - must cook - or "not cook" but make you some raw food soon xx

    ReplyDelete