Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

ADAM'S SPINACH RELISH ON SOFT POLENTA

I have identified a flaw in my diet - it is called "Wine" I drank too much of it last night and had trouble getting up for a run this morning! I have made a mental note to avoid wine in the future! Thank goodness lunch was sorted (last nights leftovers) and my gorgeous husband offered to cook dinner, so while I sat at the hairdresser he whipped up the tastiest dish of the week:
ADAM'S SPINACH RELISH ON SOFT POLENTA
Cook Polenta as per instructions - but keep to a mashed potato consistency
Relish Ingredients:
1 x Big bunch of spinach
5 x Brown Mushrooms
1 x Onion
1 x Clove of garlic
7 x Tomatoes
1 x Heaped teaspoon of Vegemite
Fry onions and garlic, add brown mushrooms, chop tomatoes and cook down a little then add finely chopped spinach. Finally add the heaped tablespoon of Vegemite then let bubble and boil, stirring every now and then for about 15 or 20 mins then turn down for 10 mins, then turn off and wait for wife to come home
from the hairdresser! Thank you my love, this was superb, delicious and full of vitamins!




2 comments:

  1. I am on the wagon now 'til Australia Day... Join me??!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolly good idea sweet - but I must try stay off it for longer than that! Let me know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete